The following terms integrate and do not replace the General Conditions of Altervista. These terms apply to the Owners of the Hosted Site (or Blog) who decide to activate the Messenger Notifications Service, which is available if the Hosted Site (or Blog) presents specific technical characteristics and/or requirements, as specified below (such as, but not limited to, Google AdSense active and working) and if the site or blog is part of remuneration groups belonging the Banner Service.
The service allows the Owners of the Hosted Sites (or Blog), who have opened a Fanpage, to activate a chatbot for the automated sending, to each Fanpage followers who had given their authorization, of update notifications or new content (such as, but not limited to, images, texts, and links), that are automatically sent and related to the Hosted Site (or Blog) contents. The Messenger Notifications Service will be managed by the Altervista control panel.
The Owner of the Hosted Site (or Blog) may, at any moment and its sole discretion, decide to deactivate the Messenger Notifications from his/her Altervista control panel.
Failure to comply with any of the following terms and guidelines may also result in the deactivation, even permanently, of the Service.
The Owner of the Hosted Site (or Blog) acknowledges and accepts that the Messenger Notifications Service is offered free of charge and without any guarantee of delivery of the Messenger Notifications to each Fanpage followers, a circumstance that depends solely and exclusively on Facebook configuration and its technical modes, and on the settings chosen by the Fanpage follower.
1. Requirements - To send Messenger Notifications, the followers need to authorize the chatbox drawn up by Altervista e properly connect it to the Fanpage. The authorization to receive Messenger Notifications may be revoked at any time by the follower via the same Facebook Messenger application. The use of any method, technology or strategy to acquire or obtaining fraudulent or artificial entries of followers to the Fanpage to which Messenger Notifications can be sent is strictly prohibited. Entries must originate from an effective interest on the part of the Fanpage follower to receive Messenger Notifications. By way of example and not exhaustive, it is not permitted: repeated manual registrations, tools for the generation of automated registrations, clickjacking or strategies to deceive systems.
Asking a third part or encouraging in any way a follower entry, or using systems that activate or consume contents to obtain the entry is not allowed, as well as offer remuneration in exchange for entry, or procedures other than the ones described above.
2. Limits on the traffic sources - It is not allowed to activate the Service on Hosted Sites (or Blog) whose pages receive traffic from specific sources:
- Autosurf, paid-to-click, paid-to-surf and click-exchange traffic
- Unwanted emails (spam) or unsolicited ads on third-party websites
- Software to generate pop-ups, change Banner placement or Banner visibility
- Traffic from clickbait or like bait
- Traffic share of more than 20%from countries with a prevalence of language that is not in line with the language of the proposed contents
- Traffic without sources or from sources that can not be determined
- Doorway traffic.
3. Contents that cannot be sent as Messenger Notifications - The content and subject of each Messenger Notification are at the sole discretion and responsibility of the Owner of the Hosted Site (or Blog) who undertakes to maintain indemnify and hold harmless Mondadori Media S.p.A. from every question, request, action, claim, deriving or connected to the object and content of the Messenger Notifications, for whom the Owner of the Hosted Site (or Blog) assumes all responsibility. The Owner of the Hosted Site (or Blog) acknowledges and accepts that the content and the object of each Messenger Notification cannot violate in any way the General Conditions, as well as the Facebook Terms and Conditions. In particular, purely by way of example and not exhaustive, the Messenger Notifications cannot have as their object or addressing at pages featuring materials (logos, texts, and images) such as:
- contents forbidden to minors;
- adult content, sexual, violent, inciting racial hatred or intolerance;
- defamatory or even potentially harmful material against individuals and/or groups and/or organizations, and/or companies;
- contents protected by copyright and whose authorization for dissemination is not available;
- content related to drugs, drugs and alcohol abuse;
- contents related to health and the promotion of medicines;
- contents related to computer piracy and software cracking;
- content related to programs that offer compensation to users in exchange for clicks on ads or to perform searches, browse websites or read emails;
- obscene contents and gore;
- illicit, untruthful and/or illegal content that favors illegal and/or dishonest and/or antisocial behavior;
- unlawful or plagiarized material;
- copied, aggregated, scraped or non-original content;
- contents not in line with the topics covered by the reference vertical (if any), as described in the Terms and Conditions (4.10);
- contents of spam, doorway and with a little textual component;
- compromised, which can damage the visitor, or malicious contents;
- external pages or redirect to external content or external resources;
- pages with unauthorized advertising content;
- pages hidden or not freely accessible or protected by a password;
- Contents that are damaging to the image of the Mondadori Group and/or his beneficiaries concerned.
4. Sending limits - It is allowed to send on a daily basis one or more Messenger Notifications – in a limited number not exceeding 3 (three) – to avoid spam.